Friday, June 20, 2008

Finished at last

Those Cheep-O canvases I've been showing you..well they are done..see what you think:




Here they are in their new home:

I needed something in this long and skinny spot that is in our bedroom. I look at it everyday and it needed something.. I'm happy with it.


Those letters were some naked ones I picked up cheep at Hobby Lobby(their brand of chipboard), spray painted them black, then sponged on 'coffee bean' brown for a mottled effect. after they were added, I used a charcol pencil drew doodles and swirls then used a stump to smudge them..with a stump you can have more control over your smudging than just using your finger..Sprayed the whole thing with a matte sealer, then called it DONE..
So, hope this inspired you to use some cheep things to make some great Altered art~

Thanks so much to April for the purchase!!! yea!!! Love ya girlfriend!

And thanks all of ya'll for your comments!!

Ya'll have a good weekend!!
tina

4 comments:

mendytexas said...

They look perfect there! Love what you did with those canvases!
:)mendy

Becky Bunn said...

Tina, I like it. I went to Michael's
the other day and picked up a couple of the canvases

Sherri said...

I really do love the way these turned out. Perfect for that wall space too. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Tina, thanks so much for the heads-up on these $1 canvases! I picked up five of them at Michael's last night. (They are actually 5"x5".) I then walked over to the art dept and found the same size for $3.50 apiece! Now I'm wishing I would have bought the whole bin. Oh well - there's time! :) Thanks again.