Thursday, September 2, 2010

CCA Undy 5000 5K in Dallas


I've formed a team for the Undy 5000, a brief run/walk to fight colon cancer. My team is to honor my mother who lost her battle with colon cancer January 3, 2010. Our team name will be "Big Girl Panties" since mother's favorite saying was

"Put your big girl panties on and deal with it."
We're taking to the streets and running in our underwear to help raise awareness and help prevent colon cancer. It sounds silly, right? But we're serious about the cause. Why don't you join me?

Join me for a day of fun, friendship, family, and fundraising. You can register to be on my team at:

http://support.ccalliance.org/site/TR/5K/UndyNEW?px=1215718&pg=personal&fr_id=1300

and the password is: kelsisage1

Participants in the Undy 5000 will be drawing attention to their bottoms - and colorectal cancer - by running or walking in their underwear. Yes, underwear! Instead of the same boring old race T-shirt, all participants will get official Undy 5000 boxwe shorts.

Why underwear? Because people do not like talking about colorectal cancer. And talking about it will save their lives.

If you can not join the team in Dallas we would love for you to help us reach our team goal of $2,000 to go towards Colorectal Cancer Alliance so that we can get the word out about colon cancer.


I hope you'll join me on the Undy 5000 this year!
Tina's Loving DD~
Nicole

3 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

Wonderful!!!
I never knew your Momma but boy have I seen and heard amazing things about her!!
Good luck with the run!

Campbell Jane said...

I wish I was closer I'd be donning my panties. I just lost one of my best friends in the world to colon cancer last month. I will be walking with you in spirit.
Blessings
Campbell Jane

Sharyn said...

I didn't know your Mom but admired her artwork and her spirit as she was fighting this terrible disease. My father in law lost his battle with colon cancer a few years ago and it was tough. I wish you many blessings!