Monday, August 31, 2009

Spreading my wings

Remember last year, when I told you about the Monarch butterflies passing through?

How I found some of the poor things, dead or dying in my yard?? I kept them..in a drawer, in my hubby's desk..I didn't know what else to do with them so they would not be squashed~ he was not to happy...but he didn't squash them..
The other day, I took one of them out and used her for this piece..


Did you know it's difficult to photograph yourself, wearing said necklace???? But I needed to show you how long it hangs from it's leather cord..So, this is the result:




I'm very pleased with it, what do you think?? I'd love to hear from you. i will be adding it to Etsy in the next few days..

I have to share this with you!!!!

Marsha at "Tumblefish Studio" and I are in a swap! She's making her famous art work and I'm going to encase it in glass for her to have some pendants! Look here at what I'm going to receive !! I have admired her style for a long time and we've been chatting back and forth for a bit now..this is just the gravy on my biscuts!! I'm going to have a piece of her work!! Thanks sooo much Marsha for swapping out with me!! Girl! you ROCK!

Hope your Week goes well!! Happy Monday!

tee

4 comments:

WingingIt said...

i LOVE the monarch butterfly wing in this pendant...wow!!!!!
lorri-marie

Becky Bunn said...

I love this. Marsha's work is wonderful and will great in a soldered piece

Diva Kreszl said...

what a beautiful way to preserve those lovely butterfly wings!

DeeDee said...

Very pretty!