Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We All Scream For Ice Cream (Tea Party)

Time for Tea!Today makes now two months without Nana. I nearly forgot about today's tea party because I have been swamped at work with having the students taking TAKS test. This time of the year is really stressful and I can get kind of forgetful. I am sure we all have those days that when we return home from work we just want to sit down and relax and forget everything. Well thank goodness that my daughter is in an extra reading class and her sentence for today was, "We are having a tea party for my Nana today." At least she does not forget!

Time has a way of healing your heart, but then there are those moments it finds those few open cracks and tears your heart back open. I have recently read a book called "90 minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. It has opened my eyes to what mother is experiencing in that wonderful place called Heaven. I am so looking forward to that day when we can meet again and rejoice with our Heavenly Father. I am sure she knows how much I miss her and she definitely knows how much these little girls love and miss her dearly.


Tonight we were going to try something different instead of tea. We had already had dinner for the night and everyone was wanting dessert. So I have a carton of Cherry Garcia in the freezer. I added two scoops to each cup and them sprinkled on some left over Valentines nonpareils that were pink. After sitting in the ice cream, the colors of the nonpareils started to run off and everyone then had pink ice cream.

Grace(youngest) was wanting all the cherries out of the ice cream and was very depressed that she only had two so every time I found one in mine I would give her mine. Then of course older sister was jealous. After everyone finished their dessert the oldest Sage read us some of her books from school. It turned out to be a very good night after all even though I had first forgot about the tea party.

Hope everyone has a great week and is signing up for Papaer Cowgirl. My father and I are going to be setting up a table at vendors night with Mom's memorial video playing and some of her artwork displayed. We are also going to be taking donations to go towards her scholarship fund we have set up in her honor at the local high school that she graduated from. The "Tina Wright Scholarship for Art" is a total of $1000 going to one of our local high school students. We would liek to keep this fund going for as long as we can. Hope to see and meet alot of you at Paper Cowgirl.
Get your gear ready and your horse saddled, cause the rodeo is coming!
Love,
Tina's DD




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi DD. It sounds like it turned into a lovely evening. I know you and the girls must miss Nana terribly. My hearts with you and your in my prayers.

Hugs...Tracy :)

Cindy said...

Hey gurlfren, I know exactly what you are going through. And yep, so hard to believe that 2 mos have already gone by. I'm glad the tea party turned out well after all. And yep, PC is on. The big reveal for teacher's is on Monday. It's gonna be great. Yep, doing it for your Mom!

hugs,
c

Diva Kreszl said...

thank you for sharing this beautiful post...with time your pain will ease dear one but you will always miss her, until you meet her again in Heaven. we miss her too!

chantal johnson said...

I am in awe of your strength. i will be teaching at PC this summer and look forward to meeting you. I met your mom just once but emailed often. She was charming when I met her. See you in June

Kady said...

I'm so glad you girls had your icre cream tea party. Tina would have loved it. I want to think she was smiling down at her girls and loving the memories you all were making. God bless all of you.

LaVerne said...

We will miss your mom something fierce come Paper Cowgirl time...I can't wait to meet you and your dad. Tina really opened doors for me and gave me courage to try things I'd never have attempted without her example...I don't just mean the soldering. Love the tea party posts. Thanks for sharing your precious memories with us.

Artifacts - Bruce, MS said...

Nicole... I'm going to talk to the Gabby Girls about us doing something together for the scholarship fund. And I'm going to send you something myself since I never got my donation to the Still Creek Ranch like I meant to in honor of Tina. Email me if you don't mind... THANKS
Lizbeth

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Lizbeth please email me at wrightx2@xanadoo.com and I will give you my address for the donation. Thanks!

Will