Monday, August 3, 2009

On the work table

Just wanted to remind you about Chunky Charm class at the Crafty Scrapper on August 11th. You will learn how to do a demisional object between glass..not this exact object, but similar..
You will have a thick shadow box look when you are done, we will make two in class. The second on will be a vintage button floating between the glass. Also that day, a beginning solder class is going on too..



This is my first attempt an idea..it's been swirling around in my head the last few days.



When I saw these glass tiles on the site where I purchase glass disks for the round charms, I knew I had to make square ones..This one has old leader paper as the background, a rub-on crown and those super small sticker letters, I'm soooo fond of. The back is completely soldered up too..



This is the second attempt:

I love the crown I added on the top..it hides the bail. They are big and chunky and would look great on a chunky necklace. I think they would look good on a thick leather cord too in a short almost choker style..you know, right at the base of your neck...I'm off to make more and hope to have them on Etsy soon.


I was thinking back, and I started soldering over 5 years ago! This has been one thing that I have kept on doing, you know how you jump around and learn new things, some you leave behind, some you continue on with..well this has been an on going learning process that I love dealing with! So much fun for me! I've also posted over 250 post under this blog name! Sheesh..never thought I be doing this either~ I've met some really cool people thru this and other blogs, flickr too..this has been a good connecting place for artists..I'm glad I found it.





Paper Cowgirl Fall sign ups are going on now, go check it out...We are playing on October 3rd.


Hope to see you soon!!!







1 comment:

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh my goodness! I have missed so much! Everything on your work table lately has been incredible - I could write a book full of adjectives and it still wouldn't do justice. Your charm swap pieces are just amazing. . . a-m-a-z-ing! Everything is!