Friday, January 9, 2009

What I've been up to..

All week, I've enjoyed doing things...One: took a trip, Two: visiting with friends, and Three: Whipped up some faux on cabinets and made the homeowners very happy..



I stayed with a couple that we've been friends with for several years..Brett and Carolyn. They ride H-Ds and we've been on a few road trips together.. We had good visits and she cooked some wonderful dinners. We also indulged in Pei Wei..that is one of my fav places in College Station, I didn't have to bend her arm to go there either...

I also got to visit with Andreea, one of my BFFs! But more on that later, I have a whole box of goodies to photograph, to show you...


And my day job this week was this:



They started out as plain white shiny cabinets, and by the time I was finished they were worthy of a Tuscan Kitchen..The homeowner loved them, and said it was just what was in her head! That is just music to my ears to hear that kind of complament! The photos don't do justice to them, but that's all I can do.
I found out today one of our "kids" lost her job! They closed the offices where she worked and are just keeping 2 of them open. I hated to hear that, for her hubby is waiting to hear if he made it in to Vet School there at A&M. So she's the bread winner of the family and keeps them going..but she's taking it in stride and out looking for a new job already. So prayers to them, that she finds what she wants and is happy
Today, on the phone, #2 grand informed me she had a bunny, but then dropped her little voice as if to keep it quite about the whole thing...Like her mamma wouldn't know she had a bunny in the house..it was a hoot! Come to find out, an Uncle promised her a bunny but she had to be quite about it, so she was litarly keeping quite when talking about it.
We are about to blow away here tonight, with the cold front that is pushing thru...So, snuggle up and get a warm spot in the bed.
Have a good weekend!
t



6 comments:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Hi, Tina :)

Love those cabinets! Hope you're having a happy new year!

Jennifer Stewart

Tumble Fish Studio said...

The cabinets are breathtaking! I mean absolutely amazing. You could have a career just flying all over the world doing that! Works of art all their own! Well done!

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's job. These are scary times. I hope she finds a new and better one soon.

I want a bunny too! It's so funny cuz I just dreamed my daughter had a big white bunny! She actually has a small white Siberian Husky and for some reason "Mya" became a bunny in my dream.

Enjoy the weekend!
Marsha

Sherri said...

too funny about Granddaughter....Love the cabinets. Stay warm

Becky Bunn said...

Cabinets look great. Funny Bunny story
hugs

Debra from Bungalow said...

Those cabinets!!!! Can you come to my house? I've been wanting to do this for a long time only not quite so distressed. You did a great job. Can you tell me how you started on shiny white cabinets & what you used for the antiquing?

I'm new to your blog and am adding it to my blog roll, Take care, DebraK

Cindy said...

This looks amazing!

c