My mess was with the painter. They painted the mantel and niche in Oil Based paints, I was on a ladder 12 ft up, when I was informed the mantel and niche were being painted...not too much I could do when it was already half way done..I work in latex for the most part, so I decided to make lemon aide out of lemons..it takes alot more work and alot of stinky products to get oil based painted furniture distressed...I was taking that guy's name in vain as I did it. But, I did it, (now my finger nails look like I'm a motor head) here's the before:
These are not the greatest photos, I forgot my camera (along with my computer) and had to use my phone. The base color was called coco pecan, we over painted it with a satin black, which went flat after I did my thing. I can not get the niche photo to upload..sorry..
One day I finished up early, Andreea had some time, so we hit the thrift stores. And we scored big time! She took home 2 nice chippy white bird houses to use on her front porch along with some goodies to used in altered art. She also scored a huge storage tower for just 4 bucks!I found a small wire birdhouse and some antique canning jars, 2 wall clocks to alter, 2 games, cards and other little goodies to add to my stash...
One night we all went out to see Mama Mia! it was a good show, we had alot of fun watching it and then went to eat ice cream and continue the good times..We all decided to buy the DVD of this when it comes out, for it will be a good 'dreary' day show to have on the TV.
Plans with Paper Cowgirl continue and we are going to have a sign up deadline at the last of August. So, don't wait till the last minute. Dale has her samples ready to show you and I'm working on mine this week. Cindy has info of the other 2 teachers to upload this week. Vendor night on Friday promises to be a shopping mecca for altered goodies and such.
Have a good week!!